[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 543: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 429: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 127: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4773: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4775: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4776: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Home Racing World • View topic - another oval racer

another oval racer

Your home for scale slot car oval racing!

another oval racer

Postby Ky.Slot Racer » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:43 am

Ky.Slot Racer
HRW Master Modeler

Re: another oval racer

Postby slothead » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:24 am

Very, very, nice looking racer. Love the paint scheme and decals. You did a great job.

Now, does she haul the mail too?
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby mattb » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:02 pm

Mark that is really nice, clean build.
mattb
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby waaytoomuchintothis » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:32 pm

Slothead, let me introduce you to what I say is the top modeler/chassis builder/track/designer/etc on HRW (or for my money, anywhere). Mark is the ultimate. For years, he was host to the best gathering of slotheads ever done. Harry is still doing it in grand style, but even Harry himself admired what Mark used to do, and said so many times. Mark did a Mustang that had a motor inside the highly detailed engine, drive gear inside a scratchbuilt brass differential mounted on real suspension, Ackerman steering, a brass representation of the actual Mustang frame and chassis, all in all the most amazing modeling I ever saw... and it ran great. Mark got frustrated at the lack of 1/32nd engines and all kinds of other details available, so he brought out a line of gorgeous resin parts for sale along with some of the best motors since the NC-1, and lots of other stuff. That is serious support of the hobby right there. He also gave me a car so precious I only take out and run when there is no one else around, for fear of messing up any part of it. I don't even keep it with my slot cars.

Mark is slot car royalty. Does it feel good to converse with him on a topic like this? I'm telling you, if all this seems over the top, think how much I had to resist making this a lot longer. I could have done it.
waaytoomuchintothis
"Seasoned SlotRacer"

Postby HomeRacingWorld » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Yes sir!!! This will do.

And yeah Mr. Slothead...all his models haul it.
HomeRacingWorld
HRW Janitor

Postby strangebrew » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:03 am

strangebrew
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby historiceng » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:58 pm

An amazing looking model, brilliant.. thank you for posting
historiceng
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby REL13 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:16 pm

That is one really nice looking car. REL13 :text-bravo:
REL13
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby padirtfan » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:10 pm

Mark,
you never cease to amaze. That's a beauty!
padirtfan
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby Broman62 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:38 pm

Magnificent KSR...always top notch builds!! :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber: :auto-layrubber:
Broman62
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby slothead » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:25 pm

If possible, I'm now even prouder to say I'm a member of this fine group of gents (and gals).

While the stuff some of you produce should in contrast shine a light on my limitations, I actually get inspired knowing what's possible. I might never build a masterpiece but I enjoy seeing them and can have just as much fun working at my own level.
slothead
The Doctor is IN!

Postby FC47 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:40 am

Stunning!!
FC47
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Postby indybob009 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:28 pm

I been really busy this past year and not checking in but I have to say that is one bass car. To pretty to race I think. I would just stare at it. Good job.
indybob009

Postby model murdering » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:37 pm

I really dont believe in Shelf Queens .... but I do support "parade laps only" for certain builds. That'd be one of them.

Beautifully done!
model murdering
HRW SlotCar Veteran!

Return to Oval Racing HQ!